I provide services in a comfortable setting for individual, couples and family counseling. Because I work from both Washington State and Hawaii, I offer either face to face counseling in my office or sessions from your own home using SKYPE, if you would like. This allows us to have face-to-face visits when I am in your location and SKYPE visits when I am away. Even if we are in the same area, however, SKYPE may prove useful if you are disabled, have child care or transportation limitations, or would have unique reasons for preferring the convenience of sessions via two way video conferencing.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Therapy for Trauma Recovery (Dissociative Identiy Disorder, Sexual or Physical Abuse included)
- I support NonViolent Communication (also known as NVC or as Compassionate Communication) and share the principles of this model
- Couples Counseling or Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Support, including for adoptive or foster parents
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Conflict Resolution for businesses and families
- Weight Management
- Habit Cessation
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to parenting support, couples counseling and beyond. I believe childhood experiences likely had a significant impact on how we are currently seeing the world and coping with issues. I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client's individual needs to help attain the personal growth they desire.
Additionally, I offer supervision to those training to become certified in the mental health field.